6.15.2012

My Wedding Jewelry


Since I’m a jewelry designer, one of the most important aspect of my wedding was my jewelry. In fact, a friend of mine who didn’t make it to the wedding was saying, I can’t wait to see pictures of your dress!

I replied, “The dress? Who cares about the dress? Wait until you see the jewelry!”



I knew what the bracelet would look like months prior to the wedding. I love designing, making and wearing bracelets. I also knew what the earrings would look like.



It was the necklace that I wasn’t sure about. In fact, I designed it as I made it. I changed it. Then I worried about it.

Somewhere along the way I got the impression that my husband doesn’t like “gaudy” jewelry. I wouldn’t consider the necklace gaudy, but it certainly wasn’t dainty jewelry. I don’t know what his idea of gaudy is either, really.

So, I thought about it and thought about other, simpler designs.

Then I decided that I was wearing the necklace I made. This is my wedding, too and I loved my necklace. It made me feel like beautiful. It made me feel like a bride. I felt like I could take on the world in that necklace.

By the time the ceremony started that evening, I needed to feel like I could take on the world.

My husband thought it was beautiful! And it was!



You hear that woman say they don’t feel like a bride until they get their dress.  It wasn’t like that for me. I felt more like a bride when I put on the necklace than I did when I put on my dress.

I’m not sure when I will get to wear it again, but for now it’s on display on the canvas necklace holder I made. The necklace holder is perfect for it!

Sometimes, you should just go with your gut on things like jewelry and not overthink it.  Wear what feels good to you and makes you happy. 

Jewelry has such a way of making you feel more empowered, more beautiful and more put together than anything else for me.



Ever notice your not so sure about your outfit, but then you put on a pretty piece of jewelry and you feel more confident?  Do you have a favorite piece of jewelry that puts you in a good mood?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an awesome designs!! It's beautiful!!! Your wedding jewelry designs are very smart.Your jewelry matches all kind of dress colors.Thanks for sharing your smart work....Have a smart worker forever...