I have some bittersweet news today. I have decided to focus on my Tutorial Business and take a break from making and selling jewelry.
I will continue the jewelry business until the end of February 2013. At that point, I will be closing my booth at Building Character. My plan is for this to be a permanent change; however, I will follow my heart and see where it leads me.
It's bittersweet, but I'm letting go of the comfortable to reach for goals more in alignment with my dreams. It's a decision that has been difficult and well thought out.
To answer some questions before they come up:
- I will not make custom pieces and I will not be doing wholesale. There is a possibility that I will be consigning jewelry at one location on a limited basis, and there are a few charities that I will continue to make jewelry for, but I will not take on any new charities. After the end of February, there may only be one exclusive store to get my handcrafted jewelry. I will definitely let you know where.
(Don't worry, though, I will teach you to make your own!! Check out Emerging Creatively Tutorials and make sure to sign up for my Tutorials Newsletter!)
- Artwork Pendants has closed.
- I will relay information on my email newsletter throughout February as well as here on my blog and on my facebook page. Yes, there will be a sale (a big one at my booth at BUiLDiNG CHARACTER February 15, 16 and 17.) I will post all the details.
- No, I will not stop making jewelry. I will definitely be making myself jewelry with the monthly challenges on Project Jewelry and I will be designing new jewelry and teach others how to make it. I just won't be making jewelry to sell anymore.
- If you have any issues/need repairs of jewelry you bought from me, by all means please contact me to fix it!
- NEW: At the end of February, I will be listing any jewelry still remaining in my Etsy Shop at a discount. When it's gone, it's gone. I will let you know when it starts to be available. I will not be making anything new, though,.
I appreciate all of the support you have given me through the years. This isn't goodbye, it's just a change! I hope to inspire you to live a creative life and to make things for yourself!
Please join me at Emerging Creatively Tutorials. Even if you don't like to make things, I also write about creativity and inspiration in general and anyone could use that! (My main topics include: Inspiration and Creativity, Jewelry Tutorials, Sewing, Scrapbooking - both digital and traditional, Embroidery and other miscellaneous tutorials.)
Please let me know if you have any questions.