6.16.2012

Hand Painted Wedding Thank You Gifts

My wedding was very green (as in eco-friendly, but green was also my wedding color!)  Every aspect of the wedding was repurposed, upcycled, eco-friendly and handmade by my mom and me.  


I wanted to make special thank you gifts for the people who were special helpers.  I wanted to make scrabble tile pendants and tie tacks.  


The way I usually personalize my scrabble tile pendants is with paper.  I looked and looked for just the right image.  I couldn't find what I wanted.


For my invitations, lavender bags, programs, thank you cards and signs, I hand painted trees.  (So many trees......)  I got over my fear of painting.


So, I decided that I would try painting scrabble tiles to match everything else in my wedding.  


I love how they turned out.  They are so "me" I wasn't sure how much the recipients would like them.  Turns out, they loved them. 


This really has opened up more possibilities for me for scrabble tile pendants!  Expect to see hand painted scrabble tile pendants for sale in the near future!


These are the tie tacks.


Would any of the men out there be interested in scrabble tile tie tacks?  Should I add them to my offerings?

No comments: