9.19.2011

How I Found My Confidence Today

I haven't been clothes shopping in . . . well, let's say it's been so long that I can't really be sure.  

Generally speaking, I hate clothes shopping.  Nothing fits right, nothing looks right, I have to try on what feels like thousands of pieces of clothing to find maybe 2 outfits.  Then you see yourself in whatever you wore into the store and it looks hideous and you can't believe it's your favorite outfit and you just want to throw out all of your clothes.  But then you can't find anything new to wear either.

Maybe it's just me?

Sometimes, though, I suppose you just have to buck up and go clothes shopping.

Saturday was the day for me.  I couldn't pass up an awesome sale + a great coupon I had.  I didn't go overboard, but I did purchase a couple outfits and new under-things.  (New under-things are always important.)

Today I wore one of the new outfits to work.  I forgot how wearing a new outfit can make you feel!  I felt more confident.  Plus, a lot of people told me how nice I looked, which felt lovely. 

I should also say, generally speaking I don't really care what other people think about me or especially my clothes.  In turn, I don't care what anyone else is wearing, either.

I couldn't get a good photo of myself in my new outfit, but I was wearing the necklace in the photo when I was clothes shopping on Saturday, and I think it played a huge role in me purchasing this outfit.  The skirt is gorgeous, flowing and brown.  I love the necklace and I love that I have another outfit to wear with it now!

(Side note on the necklace:  I will be writing a tutorial on how to make it!)

Moral of the story:  If you can, splurge a little on something that makes you feel good.  It might be a new outfit or it may be some bath salts.  Or perhaps some green handmade jewelry?  You don't even need to spend money, but do something just for yourself that makes you feel great!  

Go ahead and do it! 

No comments: