This time of year we think about our goals - our resolutions - for the year.
Here's a list of 10 Green New Year's Resolutions:
1. Do not use plastic bottles.
Instead, get a reusable bottle to fill up!
2. Use canvas shopping bags.
Don't use plastic or paper bags from the store, bring your own.
3. If you don't already use public transportation, try taking it one day per week.
4. Buy local food.
5. Use earth friendly cleaners. You can make your own, or purchase them already made.
6. Change all of your light bulbs to compact fluorescent.
You'll save money while you're saving the planet.
7. Hang your clothes to dry instead of using a dryer. Try for hang drying one load per week to start.
8. Switch to cloth napkins and quit using paper ones.
9. Buy fair trade products.
10. Try Meatless Monday.