7.12.2012

Caring for Glass Tile Pendants and Scrabble Tile Pendants





Pendants are my top selling item!  With good reason, too.  They are fun, cute and you can wear a bunch at a time!  They are affordable so you can keep your collection going.

But how do you keep your pendants looking great?

The best way to keep your pendants looking great is to take really good care of them to begin with. Treat them like artwork, because they are!


Tips to keep them looking great:
#1  Never ever wear them in water.  Take them off before you shower, jump in the pool or relax in the hot tub.  They are water resistant, but they won’t fare well submerged.

#2  I send your pendant purchase along in a plastic baggie if you order online, and they usually come in a little plastic bag if you buy them from me in person, too.  Save the bag and store your pendant in it.  It keeps it safe and secure and away from oxygen, which will tarnish the bail.

Cleaning:

Glass Tile Pendants

Spray glass cleaner on a cloth or paper towel and carefully wipe the front of the glass.  You can gently use a silver polishing cloth on the bail.  (Note, I do not recommend cleaning the back of the pendant.

Scrabble Tile Pendants

Gently wipe off the front with a lightly moistened paper towel or cloth.  (VERY lightly moistened and be very gentle.)  You can gently use a silver polishing cloth on the bail.

Some scenarios that may come up:

Q:  I jumped in the pool with my pendant and now it’s ruined., what can I do.?
A:  See #1 above, never ever wear your pendant in the water.  Most likely, I’ll have to make you a new one!

Q:  The back is all dirty on my pendant, what can I do?
A:  If it is a glass tile pendant, ,most likely nothing, but if it’s the back, then it doesn’t show anyway, right?  


If it is a Scrabble Tile Pendant, you can very carefully clean it with some wood cleaner.  Never spray directly on the pendant, but on a cloth that you use on the pendant.

Q:  My bail is tarnished, what can I do?
A:  Use a silver polishing cloth to gently clean it and then keep it in a plastic bag when you’re not wearing it to deter tarnish.

Q:  What should I do if my bail falls off?
A:  I have actually never had this happen, but if it does, just give me the pendant and bail back and I’ll put it back together again.

Q:  I wear this thing constantly and the paper is coming up a little, what should I do?
A:  I will repair it if you get it back to me.  Also see #1 and #2 above to make sure this doesn't happen!


Do you have any other questions? Leave them in the comments below.

B.B. Bellezza Pendants

No comments: