6.12.2012

Try a New Technique

{bracelet from my wedding}
I started making jewelry when I was a child. 


I don’t exactly remember how I got started. I do know that I have this pink unicorn purse/tiny duffle bag filled with beads. They were all just in there together mixed up. Plus there was stretch cord. 


I made bracelets mostly. In random rainbow colors. 


I got into other things and left the pink unicorn purse behind. 


Then one day, about 7 years ago I pulled out the purse again and started making jewelry again. 


Through the years I have tried new techniques. Sometimes I love the new technique, sometimes I hate it. If I love it, I keep doing it. If I hate it, I don’t do it again. I remember when I first tried wire-wrapping (one of my most favorite techniques now), I was all over the place. My wraps were a mess and I really didn’t know what I was doing. I started making rings, too. I just looked at what other people’s rings looked like and tried it in my own way. 


I did it. I figured it out. My wraps became more even and less a big mess. My designs stayed together and I did it! 


Sometimes trying something new can be intimidating. For me, making jewelry isn’t, but computer stuff is. Moving my blog over to Wordpress has been intimidating. I’m taking a class to learn the steps of how to do it, and I’m learning. 


Maybe wire-wrapping jewelry is like that for you. You’re not sure where to even start. That’s how I was with Wordpress. I am glad I found someone to hold my hand through the process. 


I’m happy to let you know that soon I can hold your hand through the process of learning to wire-wrap. I will soon be done with my latest digital program, Wire Wrapping for Beginners. I’m so very proud of this eBook and I can’t wait to get it into your hands! I will tell you more details later, but I am so excited about it! 


To make sure that you get the details about the eBook and when it's available (including an early bird special), make sure to subscribe to email updates!

  Sign up to get my free Dotee Doll Tutorial and Pattern! Get free tutorials and more!  Just sign up for the new Emerging Creatively Tutorials email updates!  
Subscribe to our mailing list
* indicates required
 
Email Format

1 comment:

Jewelers in Minnesota said...

Your jewelry is gorgeous. The color combinations are fabulous. I loved reading your story. Thank you for sharing.