4.25.2012

Eat Better, Feel Better


The other day my fiance said to me, "I think we should eat better."  I must admit, up until that point was thinking I was alone in doing the Radiant Goddess eCourse.  We usually work opposite schedules and don't often to get have meals together.  When we do, they are delicious, but not nutritious.  We sometimes move our bodies.  I meditate occasionally.  (And whenever I do I always feel better!)  I figured I would have a goal for following the food plan during the week, and eating with my fiance on the weekend.

I now realize that he most definitely deserves to be healthier, too! 

We were discussing how our generation has come to this point.  How all of the sudden everyone is like, crap, I'm falling apart.

When I was growing up, we very rarely ate fast food.  If we did it was a seriously special occasion.  When I got my car was also when the McDonald's went in near my house.  I also worked there for a short time.  Suddenly I could eat fast food whenever I wanted, and I wanted to all the time!

This continued through my adult years.  It's not a special occasion at all for our kids to go to fast food.  We go there all the time.  In fact, I think they prefer home cooked meals!  (Imagine that!)  When all we wanted was to get a happy meal!   

Now we are starting to realize what we are doing to our bodies.  I'm hoping that it's not too late to stop the quick and convenient food cycle and start to eat natural, whole food.

We live such hectic lives:  working, getting the kids to practice, etc. etc.  we skimp on good food a lot.  But we really can't.  Because if we don't have our health, what do we have?

I am a pretty picky eater, so I'm a little nervous.  I'm trying to keep my mind open to try some new foods that I didn't think I liked.  I want to feel better.

Want to join me on May 1 for Goddess Leonie's Radiant Goddess eCourse?  All the details you need to get signed up are here:  The Radiant Goddess eCourse

No comments: