1.31.2012

Believe it or Not: Newspaper Flowers

Newspaper flowers

A few weeks ago, my fiance and I went to Atlantic City, NJ for his birthday.  As you may remember (or as you can tell from my flickr stream!) we like to visit weird places.  Lucky for us, there is a "Ripley's Believe it or Not" on the boardwalk!

As a child my family visited the Ripley's in Toronto.  I remember it being interesting, but scarey.  As an adult, I found it fascinating.

One of the many wonderful rooms in Ripley's was full of amazing visionary art!  The photo above is one of the pieces.  They are, "believe it or not," flowers made from newspapers.  If you click on the photo, you'll be taken to my photostream and can check out all my photos from our trip. 

I'm amazed and inspired when I see artists reusing and repurposing everyday things - waste, in fact - to  make amazing art!

Maybe these flowers will inspire you to take your newspaper flowers to the next level!

Cardboard JFK
Cardboard JFK

No comments: