1.15.2012

52 Weeks of Handmade Earrings

A new year brings on new goals, new resolutions, a fresh start.  Or so we think.  As I move along in my life the years go so quickly and before you know it, another year has passed and you don’t even know what happened.

Through the years I've tied making a more visual, physical reminder of my year.  I’ve tried (without success) to document my life in daily photographs.  I’ve tried to create every day for a month (although I did create each day, I didn’t really work very much on the project I was attempting to finish) and other daily projects, all without success.

This year I decided to try something different.  Instead of daily, I’ll be making something weekly.  And instead of it being a huge project that takes a lot of time, I’ll be making earrings.  1 pair per week.

Each week I will make 1 pair of earrings.  I’m making them for myself (although if you all love the design, I may put them in my line).  I’ll share my earrings each week here on my blog.

Since 2 weeks have passed this year already, I have 2 pairs of earrings to share.


Week #1
This pair was made with washers, beads made from lava and clear glass beads.  I have already worn these earrings quite a bit.

Week #2
Earrings made from bobbins from a sewing machine.  I actually use plastic bobbins with my sewing machine because that's what they came with.  I love the metal and have a few sets from a large sewing kit I got at a yard sale.  I think they make adorable earrings!

How do you like my new earrings?  Have you considered doing something like this for the new year?

1 comment:

Georgina said...

Fabulous...who'd a thunk???!!!??