I have been making dolls for quite a little while now and I love it.
Things I love about rag dolls:
- I love picking out the fabric for their outfits
- I love embellishing their outfits.
- I love reusing old clothes or using up fabric scraps that would go to waste to make something so sweet and cool.
- I love it when little girls love my zombie dolls - I love that they are so cool that they know that they are zombies!
My favorite memory was when my nephew asked me for a boy zombie doll, which I made him for his birthday.
You see, I made my own pattern so I change my own pattern all the time. I only made girls up until that time. Caleb wants a boy, I made him a boy!
(He loved it, by the way!)
That's the cool thing about this tutorial, too. There is a pattern included. But I take you step-by-step through making a doll from actually designing and drafting a pattern! It's completely customizable.
You can use any fabric - even old clothing. Make memory dolls to remember those who have passed. Use your children's favorite clothing that doesn't fit them anymore. The ideas and possibilities are really endless!
Design-A-Doll Tutorial Details:
You need to know how to sew. I am a self-taught sewer and I only really learn new sewing skills as they are required for me to finish a project. You'll need to know how to sew in a straight line and go around a curve for the head. You'll have to hand-sew the head closed.
- Sewing machine
- Embroidery floss and needle OR paint (for face)
- Fabric - for body and hair (I often use felt for hair)
- Buttons (for zombie doll)
- Any embellishments for your doll - lace, ribbon, etc.
- Stuffing - poly fiberfill
With this tutorial eBook you'll learn how to design a doll, draft the pattern and put it all together. You'll also get a pattern (like my zombie dolls) to help you if you get stuck.
You'll want to make dolls over and over again!
You get all of this for $15!
I know you can do this! Come out of your cocoon and emerge creatively!