10.12.2010

Recycling Plastic Bags

Plastic bags are one of the biggest problems that are polluting our earth right now, and if we don’t start to change our habits it’s only going to get worse.  

What can we do about it?  Sure, we can reuse them for garbage or scoop up poop, but if you don't have a dog, they can pile up pretty quickly.  I'll be sharing some ideas for what do to do with them here.

I also hope that we can all get in a better habit of remembering to take a canvas bag with us to the grocery store.  This is something I remember to do “most” of the time, but certainly not every time.  I want to be better about that!

I’ll also be trying out at least one new craft and I’ll share the steps and my results.  Plus, I have a new product that I'll be sharing here.

To give you an idea of how people are upcycling plastic bags, here is a treasury I made that contains all items made with recycled plastic bags!  

In what ways do you reuse plastic bags? 

'Yeah, That's a Plastic Bag!' by BBBellezza

Believe it or, all the items in this treasury are made from recycled plastic bags. Plastic bags are a huge problem and these folks are trying to be part of the solution!


Bacon 'n' Eggs Tote ...
$30.00

Recycled Plastic Passport Co...
$13.00

Recycled Sewing Kit -- with ...
$22.50

Hearts - All Recycled, Red a...
$14.00

Eco Lariat Necklace
$60.00

CROCHET RECYCLED PLASTIC ...
$7.25

Remarkably Practicable 35-01
$89.99

Recycled plastic bag basket ...
$13.00

Recycled Plastic Bag Wallet
$6.00

Clock Made from Recycled Pla...
$25.00

bracelet from recycled plast...
$5.00

The Green Bag
$28.00

Grocery Tote DIY Plastic Bag...
$14.00

Green and Gold Leaf Earrings
$15.00

3 Upcycled Plastic Bag Flowe...
$18.50

Recycled Notebook Journal wi...
$15.00

1 comment:

Aubrey Avila said...

I love this blog post. I always seem to end up with more plastic bags than I know what to do with. I look forward to your project!It's amazing what you can do with recycled stuff:-)