8.06.2009

Work in Progress


Here is a new doll that I am working right now. The green top part is from a beautiful cashmere sweater that was given to me. Unfortunately for the previous owner, it had become holey. Fortunately for me, I could cut around that portion.

Her legs are from jeans that were also very torn apart and outgrown. Her hair is pink fabric leftover from a shirt that my mom made me (she used to make all of my clothes growing up). Yes, that fabric is definitely vintage. (ugh, I am getting old)

As you can (barely) see from the photo, this doll also features hand embroidery I designed and did. Her face will also be hand embroidered.
This doll is larger than my previous dolls.

Hopefully she'll be ready in time for First Friday tomorrow evening. I hope to finish her up tonight.

No comments: