3.29.2009

Rainbow


Rainbow , originally uploaded by B.B. Bellezza.

We just recently had a tornado warning. This is not something new for Lancaster, PA, but I have never actually feared a tornado.

We were looking out our sliding glass doors waiting for something to happen and suddenly I saw the clouds start to swirl a little. It wasn't a funnel cloud...I don't think so anyway...but we didn't wait around, we grabbed the cat and hauled our butts to the basement.

This is the first time I have ever gone to the basement because of a possibility of tornado. It was sort of exciting but definitely scary. Nothng happened, really. I can't imagine what people who have to deal with this on a regular basis go through.

After the clouds passed, the hail and rain started, but the sun came out, too. It was mysterious and beautiful. And then this double rainbow appeared.

No comments: