10.22.2008

Reuse, Recycle and Redecorate!


More and more lately I have been trying to do things that leave less of a footprint on the earth. I have always done things like recycle. We started recycling as kids before it was required. We have switched to energy-saving light bulbs. You know, the usual stuff.



But lately, it doesn't seem like enough. If we don't make a purposeful decision to stop wasting so much, we won't have an earth to pass on to future generations.



Although I have always felt it important to recycle and do little things to make a little difference here and there, there is so much more I can do. Lately I have been working on a new line of jewelry that reuses forgotten and even thrown away everyday items and turns them into little works of art. My HardWire Line and Game Piece Line are examples of this. I have even more in the works in that vein, so keep tuned in.



Today I was twittering, and someone had mentioned GreenerLandz. I checked out their Etsy Shop and I was thrilled! So thrilled that I am featuring the shop here.



How incredibly cool are these candles? These wine bottles are saved from the trash at local restaurants and made into these awesome candles! Fabulous!

This purse was made from magazines! I am completely stunned by it.

And these are just a couple of the items they have available!



They have even more green stuff coming! They are currently making quilts and quilted purses from discontinued fabric books. I will definitely be checking those out, too.



Their motto is "Reuse, Recycle and Redecorate!" I love it!! They also donate a percentage of their profits to charitable organizations.



I hope that you will check out their store for great stuff. They would make fabulous presents, too. You get to help save the earth because these items were saved from landfills, help out a charity and feel really good while giving a completely unique and gorgeous gift! How perfect!

Also, check out their website: http://www.greenerlandz.com

(Click on any of the photos to go to GreenerLandz Etsy Shop to purchase the item.)

No comments: