7.08.2008

Blob Blog

Okay, total cheese, I know. My boyfriend and I have been joking about me blogging about our Blob adventure....

This year is the Blob's 50th Anniversary, I know, you didn't know....no one did, or no one I know. I wasn't necessarily a big Blob fan, however, I have seen it. Saturday for a lack of anything else, and in honor of the 50-year anniversary of the Blob, we found it in the free movies section on demand. I laughed my head off and thoroughly enjoyed it! We tried to watch the 1988 version, too, but fell asleep.

Then we realized that it was actually filmed just down the road from where we live! It was filmed in Downingtown, PA, which is less than an hour away. Sunday we needed to get out of the house and decided to go for a drive. Jim secretly looked up directions and found out that the diner and the theatre still exist, and got directions.

The theatre is actually in Phoenixville, PA, which is a few miles away from Downingtown. I was sort of surprised about how cute this town was. The best is that Blobfest is next weekend. From what we can tell, they do a reenactment of the scene from the movie with all the people running out.


(you can click on the images to make them bigger)



Then we went to Downingtown to see the diner. We got a treat at Rita's across the street, you know, so we didn't look so silly taking the photo. lol



This crazy guy was there, too....elsewhere...nothing to do with the Blob, just a crazy guy. Actually he was in Phoenixville.

If you need something to do, Blobfest at the Theatre in Phoenixville is this weekend, I think the 11th and 12th, according to sign on the theatre.

No comments: