1.12.2008

These are a few of my favorite things....

I wanted to share a few of my favorite online things. These are sort of random, but these are all things I love.

First of all, while I am listing things on Etsy, sewing, and working in my workshop . . .
I love to listen to This American Life. I have just recently discovered it again. I heard about it originally a while ago and listened to the current episode and then forgot about it again . . . to discover it while wrapping Christmas presents.

This lovely radio show/podcast has different themes and all these wonderful stories. I can't tell you how much I love this show. I sort of have a crush on Ira Glass.

Another podcast and blog that I visit daily is Crafty Pod. Sister Diane does a new podcast every other Friday and blogs pretty much daily. I have heard EVERY single podcast.

Finally, a podcast that I also enjoy is Craftcast with Alison Lee.

Blogs

I love blogs. The last few months I have completely been slacking in reading and commenting on my blog favorites lately, but the blogs that I always check (usually in between tasks at work) include:

The Black Apple
A Fanciful Twist
Stiletto Heights
Angry Chicken

Those are my favorites, and I just realized 3 of these are my favorite artists, too . . . don't worry if you aren't there, there are tons more where they came from!

I just found this awesome conversion calculator recently. I have started . . . and will continue to . . . convert my jewelry to cm as well as in inches. I realize there are MANY people out there who don't use our strange measurement units.

I don't have much time to play, but I love this cool Chicktionary game. I love the chicks "bock" at you the whole time. It's exciting. LOL

Nick Bantock is probably the author/artist that I find most intriging, perhaps he is my favorite.

Right now, my most favorite blog, well, and website . . .
Zen Habits
The day I started to read this blog changed my life. Read just one post. Organize your desk.

Today I have had a pretty rough day. Things haven't worked out great, I have had arguments, I have messed up eBay auctions . . . but listing these favorite things have helped. This American Life helped. Really nice understanding customers help. Looking at pretty art helps.

Enjoy my favorite things, and I hope they bring you some happiness and joy.

Love,
Kim

No comments: