Welcome to Map Week!
In this part of the world spring is just starting. It will be officially spring tomorrow, but it has felt like spring for a little while. What do I do in spring? Go on road trips. I think that's why I have maps on the mind!
Plus, I have a collection of old maps just waiting to be made into cool, functional stuff!
This week I'll be posting all about maps: tutorials using maps and new products using maps.
I am so excited to be having a CRAFT ALONG this week as well! Each day you'll find steps to make a TRAVEL PAPER BAG SCRAPBOOK! Using - of course - maps!
Here's a list of everything you'll need to make your own Travel Paper Bag Scrapbook:
- Paper bags (1 bag for each page you want. It has to be an even number. Mine will be 12 pages.)
- Glue (I used Tacky glue and glue sticks)
- Maps for the cover and for decoration inside
- Other decorative papers
- Binder clips or a big book (optional, to help hold the book together while it's drying.)
- Ribbon or lace
- Cardboard for the cover (the cover of a notebook or back of a legal pad is perfect for this)
Each day, I'll give you a list of what you need for each step!
For day one, you just need the paper bags, glue and binder clips or a big book to help push the paper bags together while they're drying.
Wondering how to find wonderful old maps? This post will help you get started.
I would love if you are going to craft along if you would leave a comment!
Make sure to come back tomorrow for Day Two!