10.31.2011

Book Review: Little Bee by Chris Cleave


I just finished reading Little Bee by Chris Cleave.

I am like this with a lot of books, but I really didn't want this one to end.  I wanted to follow along with each of the characters and follow them for the rest of their lives.

This is a novel full of truths, set in the United Kingdom, but can easily translate for the United States.

It is a beautiful story of 2 woman who meet and then their lives intersection again 2 years later.  I know that description is so generic and this story is anything but generic!!  But, I simply will not tell you anymore or else it will ruin the book.  Do not ruin the book by reading the reviews on amazon.  Also, the blurb about the book says that the book is funny and the scene on the African beach is horrific.  Both are true, in a sense.  This book is not a riot.  There are moments in it that may be funny, but this would be a drama if it were a movie, not a comedy. 

The beauty is in how the story unfolds, and I don't want to take that from you.  The book is captivating and well written. 

I must say, the reason that I even picked up the book to begin with is because of the mysterious blurb on the back.  I figured it was a gimmick, but it ended up that it is so true!  I don't want to ruin the book by telling you too much.

I will say I highly recommend this captivating book and that you will not be able to put it down once you start!

{I just added a page to my blog called "books I love"!  More will be added soon!}

1 comment:

Georgina said...

Wonderful book! I cried out loud at the end...never do that!!!