10.10.2011

Being Engaged - Online

It's weird how much technology has taken over our lives.  I was watching a show the other day.  (I won't say which one because I don't want to admit I watch this particular show.)  The character's boyfriend changed his facebook status to "single" and she was so upset because that meant their relationship was "officially" over.  We laugh, but there is a point here.

When you do something like change your status on facebook, depending on your facebook settings, it's public.  But even if you keep everything private on facebook, all of your friends will be notified at the same time of the change.

I have been engaged for a little while now.  I actually debated whether to change my status on facebook to "engaged" or not.  I figured I would just wait until we're married and change my status then.  But, I'm really excited to be getting married and am really in the thick of planning the wedding and reception and I won't be "engaged" for long, so why not change my status!?!

Plus, now that it's on facebook, it's official.

There are people who are acquaintances or people I know online who won't be at the wedding but I still want to share my joy with them.  I am also a believer of community and this diy wedding of mine is going to take a lot of people helping me, some in really simple ways and some in bigger ways.  You never know what someone may suggest that I wouldn't have considered or someone to help me that I didn't even know.  This recently happened with vendors.

Plus, I am just really freaking excited!!  We have been together for 9 years!  Yep, 9!  I'm actually more concerned about people questioning why on earth we would decide to suddenly get married.  (By the way, it wasn't sudden at all!)

So, after 9 years of unwedded happiness, Jim and I have decided to share our love and joy with our loved ones.

Now that it's on my website, it's really official!

{now you also know my excuses for not blogging regularly!}

 

2 comments:

Pattie said...

I have been engaged for a bit but I still have yet to say it on facebook, I think I'm going to wait till I get married to make any changes. In my age range ppl sa they are engaged all the time for no reason so it is kind of a joke...so I'll wait :)

HeARTworks said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Patsy from
HeARTworks