9.26.2011

American Visionary Art Museum




Over the weekend my family visited Baltimore, Maryland.  The highlight of the day was our visit to the American Visionary Art Museum.


From the mirror art tree outside to the fart post to the toothpick ship to....it's inspiring and amazing.

I even saw a form of art that I had no idea existed, but it's brilliant:  Screen art.  Painting the screens on your windows, doors, etc.
This tree is made of mirrors.

Here's a closeup:






The gift shop is worth the trip itself with reasonably-priced jewelry, books, art, and all sorts of stuff reminiscent of the five and dimes of my childhood.  (I'm not actually as old as that sounds, but I'm from a small town that kept it's five and dime going for quite a while in my childhood.)  I bought a bunch of supplies that will soon become a charm bracelet!

I highly recommend a trip to the American Visionary Art Museum for anyone!



{By the way, the digital scrapbook pages up top are from my memories.  Stay tuned here this week for a sweet giveaway of the software!}

No comments: