8.19.2010

Collage Pendants - Sneak Peek


These pendants are super-sized compared to my previous pendants, which allows for more room for creativity.  Each pendant uses repurposed paper or other ephemera.  

The bottom pendant is actually the most meaningful to me.  It is made with a copy of a letter in the background, in which the writer is asking emphatically if she meant what she wrote in her last letter to him...."please tell me you didn't mean everything you wrote."  The stamps and the postage mark are the original from the actual envelop that the letter came in.  The picture is what I imagine the female in the letter looks like.  

I found a this letter with a beautiful collection of letters when assisting to clean out a house after the recipient's son passed away.  There was no one who wanted the letters, and although I didn't know the recipient personally, I was moved by the writer's admiration for the woman.  

These pendants will be among the new pieces for my 2010 Fall Line.  The 2010 Fall line will be release online on September 2nd at 3:00 p.m.  Check in here, or go to my Etsy Shop to get pieces 15% that evening only!

The in person release of my 2010 Fall Line will be September 3rd 6 pm - 9 pm at my stand at BUiLDiNG CHARACTER.  The new pieces will be 15% off there that evening only.

(Note, most of the pieces will be one of a kind; therefore, there will be different pieces available at each venue.)

2 comments:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Great collection of pendants! I love the story about the old letter. How wonderful to get a glimpse into someone's love. I can't imagine the family not wanting them. What a shame. History lost. At least you are keeping the story alive!

B.B. Bellezza said...

Thanks!

I know! I can't imagine it either! That's why I had to have them!