4.29.2009

May 2009 B.B. Bellezza Newsletter

B.B. Bellezza
May 2009 Newsletter

News

B.B. Bellezza’s focus is changing. I am going to be focusing more on recycled and reclaimed materials and products.

Here’s my new artist statement:

Bellezza means "beauty" and I believe you can find beauty everywhere. An abandoned board game, hardware left in a shed, clothes that someone has grown out of or are no longer useful in their current form, keys that no longer have anything to unlock are all items I give a second chance at beauty.

B.B. Bellezza focuses on handcrafted jewelry and also makes coasters from discarded ceramic tiles and dolls from recycled clothing.

My inspiration comes from nature and the mission of B.B. Bellezza is to leave the Earth at least as good as I found it, if not better.

Therefore, I will be slowly phasing out certain products that I carry. This will be a relatively slow transition because I do have a lot of inventory and supplies still. Some of your favorites will just be transformed into more green and environmentally friendly products, and less on consumerism and waste. For example, I will still make charm bracelets, but they will have recycled and reclaimed elements instead of beads and traditional charms.

This Friday, May 1, 2009, is First Friday in Lancaster, PA! I will be making jewelry at my stand at Building Character! 6 pm – 9 pm

Other shows coming up in May include:
(For all shows, see my website http://www.bbbellezza.com/ and click on Events)

Crafty by Nature May 3rd 9am - 5 pm
Shupp's Grove 607 Willow Street, Reinholds, PA 17569 directions (I will probably be doing more First Sundays at Shupp's)


Music Friday May 15 6 pm – 9 pm
At Building Character 342 N. Queen Street, Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Eastern Market Opening Day May 30, 2009 9 am – 2 pm

New Items

Recycled Rag Dolls: My newest items are at my Building Character stand: Jeannie, Rosie and Penelope. They are three (3) rag dolls made from recycled clothing.


(This is Penelope)

Wire-Wrapped Rings: I have been making wire-wrapped rings with cute flower beads and other beads.

(More coasters are in the works now! I should have them at First Friday and Crafty by Nature.)

Outta the Way! Zine: This is a collaboration between my boyfriend Jim and I. We will be bringing you out of the way and inexpensive places around Pennsylvania to check out. The Zine will (hopefully!!!) be available at First Friday on May 3 and online shortly thereafter. In the meantime, check out our new blog http://outtaway.blogspot.com/


Discount Code

For the discount codes, sign up for my email newsletter. (See the form to the side, or email me tto get started.)

Giveaway

All of my loyal email newsletter subscribers will be entered into a drawing for your choice of one of my rings (wire-wrapped, plain scrabble tile, decorated scrabble tile or adding machine) this month! All you have to do is sign up for my email newsletter to be entered! See the sign-up on the side of the blog or send me an email to get started!




Blog and B.B. Bellezza Network

I have started a weekly feature of an artist each Thursday. I would like to stick to mainly artists who have strong convictions about recycling in their work or in their business practices. I am looking for people who are using reclaimed items in their products or people who use green practices in their businesses, packaging, etc. I am pretty sure there are a lot of artists and crafters out there who fall into that category, but I don’t know about all of them. So, let me know if you have any suggestions – you can suggest yourself and I encourage it!!

Twitter: follow me at http://www.twitter.com/BBBellezza
I am basically on Twitter mostly all day each weekday and sporadically throughout the weekend.

Facebook: http://artist.to/bbbellezza/

For all the ways to keep in touch with B.B. Bellezza, see my “Contact” page on my website: http://www.bbbellezza.com/

Have a beautiful month!

No comments: