3.11.2009

Snow Geese


IMG_5794, originally uploaded by B.B. Bellezza.

Saturday was my birthday and so I got to decide what I wanted to do. We started off at Saturday's Market - a Flea market in Middletown. It was the first nice day so the traffic was intense getting there. We had fun and got a few deals (I got a new purse!)

Then we were off to the Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area in Kleinfeltersville, PA to see the Snow Geese! According to some reports, there were 15,000 of the geese there, which is a huge decrease of past years' numbers of 50,000.

Honestly, I can't stand a lot of birds all together at one time. I freak out when they are overhead. But for some reason I actually enjoyed the snow geese.

This field was just covered with them. From far away it looked like snow. Then we went to the lake and it was covered with them, too.

They were just there stopping on their way North, so I think they are probably gone by now. But, there is always next year.

It was quite amazing to see.

If you click on the photo, you will be taken to my flickr photostream and more snow geese photos.

No comments: